Class News Autumn Term 2022
Dear Parents/ Carers,
Welcome to Owls and Robins class email. We are delighted to welcome you all to the Reception class.
Firstly, we would like to ‘Thank you’ for allowing us to visit you at your home and spend a little time together prior to the start of school. We are so incredibly proud of all the children for settling in so well!
We have all been learning the class and school rules and are doing so well to remember them in such a short period of time. Many friendships have already been established which has been wonderful to see. A truly wonderful start to the year!
This week we have begun our new theme of learning – ‘All about me!’ We thoroughly enjoyed talking about what ‘makes me, me’, finding out what colour eyes, hair and skin we have, creating some amazing look alike pictures and self-portraits! We have some budding artists in our midst!
We really enjoyed our first PE lessons this week. It may have taken us a while to get changed however we listened carefully to the rules and thoroughly enjoyed playing a game of ‘traffic lights’.
To aid the children when changing for PE we suggest that the children wear a polo shirt rather than a buttoned shirt and please can we ask that children try their best to put their socks on independently at home too!
Earrings: please can earrings either be taken out on PE days or taped over with micro-pore tape. Please ensure this is done prior to entering school.
If your child has long hair, please can this be tied back on PE days. Thank you for your support.
- Homework is given on a Friday and is to be handed back in for marking by the following Wednesday – if it is completed earlier please either hand it in to an adult.
- Packed lunchboxes – please do not overfill your child’s lunchbox with food as it can be overwhelming for them. Just a reminder that we are a nut free school. Please do not give your child any food containing nuts. Thank you.
- Children will be choosing a library book on a Wednesday. Please ensure that the library books are in your child’s book bags in preparation for changing them.
- We would like to welcome Miss Perkins to the team.
- If you haven’t already done so, please send in a family photo. Your child will be talking about them next week.
- Next week we will be thinking about things that are special to us. Please could you upload a photo of your child’s favourite thing to Tapestry. It might be a photo of a special toy, person, book. We will show these photos next Thursday.
Thank you so much for your amazing support so far. We look forward to continuing our journeys together.
Wishing you all a wonderful weekend. We will see you on Tuesday.
Miss Hazell, Mrs Skelton, Miss Gannon, Miss Seaborn, Mrs Sworka, Mrs Caswell, Ms Bhogal and Miss Perkins x